Savage/Honky/Dibiase Wrestlemania deal?

Re: Savage/Honky/Dibiase Wrestlemania deal?

Postby pjadedd » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:03 pm

USExpress wrote:
Auph10imitated wrote:
USExpress wrote:Maybe someone should start a rumour of Piper & Orndorf were going to beat Hogan & T in the tag match at WM1 or maybe Mr T would turn on Hogan and challenge him for the belt. Maybe Meltzer could of made up something like that.

Its not about US starting rumours, its about going off what the people involved have claimed in Shoot Interviews. Both Dibiase and Honky have claimed something to the effect of all this in interviews so of course we are going to speculate.. its natural. Jesus christ :|

Well then write a letter to Vince to see if he can confirm what Ted & Honky have claimed? Unless Vince confirms or denies it then it's pure hearsay!

This is probably stupid on my part since you have done nothing but repeat the same statement over and over, but I'm going to try and have an adult conversation. What is your point of saying this? No one is disagreeing that it's hearsay. Obviously, none of us have spoken with any of the involved parties. However, it is information that has come from various sources. Part of being on a message board that discusses past events is talking about the different rumors that have been around for decades, as well as talking about what current or former people associated with the business say. It is common knowledge that there is a rumor that Savage won the title after the dispute with Honky, and that Dibiase was originally slated to win. No one here is saying they know for sure this is the truth. We are debating the merits of this rumor and having a fun, civilized conversation. Let's be honest, every storyline probably had multiple paths that were considered with a bunch of different outcomes. I've known of the Wrestlemania IV rumor for years, but there have been points made in this discussion that have me thinking of things that never crossed my mind before. That's the fun. No one, though, is saying anything definite, so I'm not quite sure I understand what the problem is.
pjadedd

Postby RCS1988 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:18 pm

This is getting off topic. I know on the old board, Wong Lee & Landy would not tolerate this kind of thing. I wonder if they still have power on this board? As for the Dibiase Savage Honky deal, if Dibiase or Honky appears at Signamania VIII in September, I will ask the question to them, so we can get a true answer.
RCS1988

Postby CarpetCrawler » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:28 pm

As for the Dibiase Savage Honky deal, if Dibiase or Honky appears at Signamania VIII in September, I will ask the question to them, so we can get a true answer.

Would probably be a good idea, even though they've answered this question a few times despite what bad trolls say to try and refute it. I still highly doubt that DiBiase was truly going to go over at WrestleMania IV in a "Vince promises everyone a title reign" sense, but it's still interesting to speculate!!
CarpetCrawler

Postby jammer311 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 pm

If Savage never won the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 4, would have the Mega Powers exploded a year later at Wrestlemania 5??

I think people need to look forward now. Sure, guys like Bigelow, Bad News and Dibiase all stated that they were in line to be WWE Champion. But in looking back, if Savage never won the belt at WM 4, what would the main event be at WM 5??

Maybe Savage was supposed to win the IC Title at the Main Event. Thus giving him a title reign going into the tournament, winning the WWE Title and giving up the IC Title.

Nobody will ever know, we can only guess. But still, people need to think about WM 5 and clearly Vince had that planned at WM 4 to have the Mega Powers EXPLODE!!!
jammer311

Postby USExpress » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 pm

RCS1988 wrote:This is getting off topic. I know on the old board, Wong Lee & Landy would not tolerate this kind of thing. I wonder if they still have power on this board? As for the Dibiase Savage Honky deal, if Dibiase or Honky appears at Signamania VIII in September, I will ask the question to them, so we can get a true answer.

I bet both Honky & Ted will have differing stories b/c I bet neither of them know what really happened behind the scenes b/c they are not privy to that information as all they need to know is when, where & who they will be facing and what the result will be. They don't need to know anything else just show up and do what you are asked and thats that.
USExpress

Postby CarpetCrawler » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Removed a bunch of junky off-topic BS that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Back to the topic, everyone. :)
CarpetCrawler

Postby MeanMike » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 am

jammer311 wrote:If Savage never won the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 4, would have the Mega Powers exploded a year later at Wrestlemania 5??

I think people need to look forward now. Sure, guys like Bigelow, Bad News and Dibiase all stated that they were in line to be WWE Champion. But in looking back, if Savage never won the belt at WM 4, what would the main event be at WM 5??

Maybe Savage was supposed to win the IC Title at the Main Event. Thus giving him a title reign going into the tournament, winning the WWE Title and giving up the IC Title.

Nobody will ever know, we can only guess. But still, people need to think about WM 5 and clearly Vince had that planned at WM 4 to have the Mega Powers EXPLODE!!!

If Savage hadent won Im presuming that Mania 5 would probably been Hogan defending against Dibiase in a rematch from Summerslam 88.

Isnt it common knowledge that the reason the JBL character came about due to Ted not winning the belt? Thats what vince saw in his eyes a million dollar champion.
MeanMike

Postby Martelfan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:09 am

End of the day, Hogan was a bitch who would never allow anyone to steal his thunder, he probably insisted that Savage go over at WMIV and once he was done with the movie, return and keep by Savage's side during his title run and undermine him by getting winning falls in tag matches etc before forcing him to go heel.
Martelfan

Postby MeanMike » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Martelfan wrote:End of the day, Hogan was a bitch who would never allow anyone to steal his thunder, he probably insisted that Savage go over at WMIV and once he was done with the movie, return and keep by Savage's side during his title run and undermine him by getting winning falls in tag matches etc before forcing him to go heel.

What would you fucking know anyway. You wasent there you didnt make decisions Vince did.
MeanMike

Postby wrestlevessel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Martelfan is right. Hogan has a jealousy ego but I think HHH's ego is worse.
wrestlevessel

PreviousNext

Return to 1980s