Savage/Honky/Dibiase Wrestlemania deal?

Re: Savage/Honky/Dibiase Wrestlemania deal?

Postby MeanMike » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:38 am

Martelfan wrote:Laughable that I would be considered someone who could ever rate the current product - I deplore it.

I'm 30 for christs sake, I've been into wrestling for 20 years. And I really wish I had been a fan in the late 80's as its certainly the most fascinating era. I know as much as anybody else about 87, 88 and 89. I defy you to prove otherwise.

Late 80s were awesome. I would love to revisit these days again when we had real wrestling.
MeanMike

Postby pjadedd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 am

What do you mean by real, Mike?
pjadedd

Postby Berkajr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Well, Swedish guy is 34, and I started to watch in 1990, Wrestlemania 6. Taht was my first wrestling show ever I saw. No wonder I am a fan of Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, Mr Perfect, Roddy Piper
Berkajr

Postby MeanMike » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:11 pm

pjadedd wrote:What do you mean by real, Mike?

Real wrestling you know the guys like Bret and Curt who knew how to wrestle and pull the crowd unlike these schmucks today who cant.
MeanMike

Postby pjadedd » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:00 pm

MeanMike wrote:

Real wrestling you know the guys like Bret and Curt who knew how to wrestle and pull the crowd unlike these schmucks today who cant.

I got it. You mean better in ring storytelling.
pjadedd

Postby Martelfan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 pm

BETTER EVERYTHING!
Martelfan

Postby MeanMike » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:20 pm

pjadedd wrote:
MeanMike wrote:

I got it. You mean better in ring storytelling.

Better stories, better in ring ability, better promos, better PPVs.
MeanMike

Postby Maple Leaf Wrestling » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 am

Martelfan wrote:End of the day, Hogan was a bitch who would never allow anyone to steal his thunder, he probably insisted that Savage go over at WMIV and once he was done with the movie, return and keep by Savage's side during his title run and undermine him by getting winning falls in tag matches etc before forcing him to go heel.

Actually Hogan didn't need to bitch and demand the title b/c the fans wanted him to have the title and the Vince couldn't argue with the fans so he ran with what was working at the time. If the fans didn't approve of Hogan having the title his initial reign wouldn't of lasted a year but the fans loved Hogan and that's the bottom line b/c the fans said so!

Maybe if Rick Martel had more than 2 fans Vince would of given him the WWF belt as well!
Maple Leaf Wrestling

Postby MeanMike » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Maple Leaf Wrestling wrote:
Martelfan wrote:End of the day, Hogan was a bitch who would never allow anyone to steal his thunder, he probably insisted that Savage go over at WMIV and once he was done with the movie, return and keep by Savage's side during his title run and undermine him by getting winning falls in tag matches etc before forcing him to go heel.

Actually Hogan didn't need to bitch and demand the title b/c the fans wanted him to have the title and the Vince couldn't argue with the fans so he ran with what was working at the time. If the fans didn't approve of Hogan having the title his initial reign wouldn't of lasted a year but the fans loved Hogan and that's the bottom line b/c the fans said so!

Maybe if Rick Martel had more than 2 fans Vince would of given him the WWF belt as well!

He has a hard time understanding the crowds loved Hulk Hogan on every thing he did then. Their was no way in hell Hulk was going to not be in the title picture. Look at how shit Warriors reign was when he was WWF champ everyone watched Hogan leave the ring.
MeanMike

Postby Maple Leaf Wrestling » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:50 pm

MeanMike wrote:
Maple Leaf Wrestling wrote:

He has a hard time understanding the crowds loved Hulk Hogan on every thing he did then. Their was no way in hell Hulk was going to not be in the title picture. Look at how shit Warriors reign was when he was WWF champ everyone watched Hogan leave the ring.

It's funny how people of the later generations bash Hogan but they never got a chance to experience him in his prime and the WWF's prime carrying the torch for the company. If you took a poll from 84-89 the fans would unanmiously elect Hogan as the WWF champion via a majority vote. The fans who would vote against Hogan maybe the States who still hadn't yet converted to WWF but Hogan would still win via a landslide in terms of number of votes b/c he would of won all the popular votes in the Northeast with New York City being the main market that drives his vote total up.
Maple Leaf Wrestling

PreviousNext

Return to 1980s