January 27, 2013
The Hulkster and Big Bossman square off inside a steel cage. Also, The Brainbusters meet the Rockers at the Boston Garden!
World Wrestling Federation House Show
From: Boston, MA
1.)Paul Roma & Jim Powers defeated The Conquistadors
2.)WWF Womenís Champion Rockin Robin defeated Judy Martin
3.)Mr. Perfect defeated Ron Garvin
4.)The Rockers defeated The Brain Busters by disqualification
5.)The Red Rooster defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
6.)Hercules fought Bad News Brown to a double count-out
7.)Jim Duggan & the Bushwhackers defeated Dino Bravo, and the Rougeau Brothers
8.)Hulk Hogan defeated the Big Bossman in a steel cage match
1. The ring announcer messes up the introductions for the Young Stallions saying that they were instead the Rockers. Early on, Powers controls the match with an arm bar most of the time. The Stallions use some nice tag team moves to keep control. Powers drop toe holds one of the opponents and Roma came off the rope to hit a quick elbow drop. Roma is the man to suffer the first offensive attack as he is slammed down to the mat following a backdrop. Roma nearly won after rolling through a cross body attempt. Roma continues to be controlled as he is double teamed while the referee is distracted. Powers gets the hot tag and cleans house. Roma tags back in and hits a missile dropkick for the win. (*1/4. A rather boring contest that saw most of the match consist of arm bars and rest holds. Not a hot start to the show, which the opener should be, in my opinion.)
2. Robin avoids Martin in the corner to roll her up for the win. As usual, Iím not interested in womens wrestling and that includes the 1980's. The fans werenít all that caring for the match either. Thus, it gets a short recap and we move onward.
3. Garvin shoves Perfect down to the canvas and nails him with a right hand. Garvin continues to strike Perfect with quick jabs until Perfect bails to the floor. Garvin absorbs a few chops and punches Perfect to the floor again. Garvin is worked over by Perfect in the corner with several blows. Garvin gets out of a headlock after several moments and delivers an elbow drop for a near victory. Garvin sunset flips Perfect but canít get the three. Garvin atomic drops Perfect and rams him head first into the top turnbuckle several times. They collide into each other in the middle of the ring. Garvin drops Perfect throat first across the top rope from the apron and goes to the top rope. Perfect rolls through the cross body and wins the match. (*1/2. Up until the final two minutes it was a slow, dull match between Perfect and Garvin. This has been a weak undercard so far.)
4. Michaels and Blanchard start off the tag team match. They exchange basic arm drags early on with Michaels getting more of the advantage. Michaels sends Blanchard over the top in the corner and Blanchard falls to the floor. Anderson tags into the bout and drops Michaels with a quick shoulder block. Michaels hammers away on Anderson with a flurry of right hands. All four men are in the ring and the Rockers hit a double dropkick to clear the ring. Jannetty tags into the bout. Rockers double hip toss Anderson and drop Blanchard on the apron. Jannetty clotheslines Anderson from the apron. Anderson heads to the floor where he misses Michaels and hits the ring post. Anderson is controlled for a few moments as the Rockers work on the arm, but Blanchard tags in only to miss Jannetty in the corner and hits the ring post shoulder first. So, the Rockers will be focusing on their arms for the match. The Rockers get double figure fours on the Brainbusters. However, the Brainbusters get out of it fairly quickly. Michaels distracts the referee and that allows the Brainbusters to drop Jannetty throat first across the top rope. Blanchard comes off the top to club Jannetty over the back and again drops Jannetty throat first across the top rope. Jannetty tried to make a comeback but missed a splash in the corner and fell hard to the floor. Jannetty gets on the apron and soon comes off the top to hit a crossbody for a near win on Anderson! Blanchard is nearly rolled up by Jannetty in the corner. Jannetty has been worked over for a long time, but he eventually tags in Michaels who cleans house with dropkicks. All four men are brawling in the ring until Anderson dumps Michaels to the floor. Jannetty almost pins Blanchard on a roll up but he superkicks him for good measure. Michaels leaps off of Jannetty and nearly pins Blanchard following a big splash. Anderson yanks the referee out and that causes the disqualification finish. (***1/4. As usual for these two teams, they put on a good match and put everything before it to shame. The Jannetty beat-down went on for a long time, maybe a little too long, but the match saw quality action throughout.)
5. Rooster is able to battle through constant headlocks by the Brawler to surprise him with a backslide, which is good enough to get a three count for the win.
6. Brown tried to sneak attack Hercules but misses and instead is met with several jabs by Hercules. Brown runs into a high knee in the corner as well. Hercules has prevented Brown from getting anything going thus far. They end up on the floor where Brown rams Hercules into the announcers table and hits him in the midsection with the ring bell. Brown grabs a wooden chair and hits Hercules on the floor. Iím not sure why the referee has neglected to call an end to the match, but oh well. Hercules blocks a big splash attempt by getting his knees up. Hercules knocks Brown out with several punches. Hercules clotheslines Brown two times and they crash to the floor. They brawl on the floor and are counted out. (*1/2. Better than I was expecting, actually. The brawling on the floor provided for some entertainment. These two were just brawlers and thatís what you get here, mostly.)
7. This is going to be difficult to watch since Iím not a fan of the Bushwhackers whatsoever. Luke enters to bite Raymondís butt early on as he was wrestling Butch. The faces clear the ring and play to the crowd. Duggan and Bravo go at it in the ring with Duggan controlling Bravo with clotheslines and a scoop slam. Jacques and Luke are on the floor where Jacques is sent into the ring post shoulder first. Butch is tripled teamed in the corner for a few moments. Duggan gets the tag and cleans house. He hits Raymond with a clothesline but only gets a two. Butch is tagged in and the Bushwhackers battle the Rougeau Brothers in the ring. Duggan whacks Raymond with a 2◊4 from the floor and Butch gets the victory. (*. Just about as bad as you would imagine it would be. Nothing to see here.)
8. Hogan chokes Bossman with his t-shirt before the bell and sends the big man into a corner before dropping him with a clothesline. Bossman comes off the ropes and is met with a big boot. Hogan tries to escape but Bossman hammers away on the Hulkster. Hogan battles back with right hands and an elbow strike in the corner. Hogan decides to leave again but Bossman stops him easily. Bossman scoop slams Hogan and he begins to climb out. Hogan gets up and chops Bossman on the top rope. Bossman is rammed head first into the cage and drops down to the canvas. Hogan could have easily left there. Bossman catches Hogan coming off the ropes to hit a spine buster. Bossman gets a rope from his manager Slick. He wastes no time putting the rope to use by choking Hogan. Bossman has been posted open as he has a chain wrapped around his hand. Hogan blocks a right hand but is poked in the eyes. Hogan sends Bossman into the cage head first but both of them are knocked down. Hogan begins to make a move for the door but Bossman grabs his legs. Hogan connects with a vertical suplex and picks up the chain! Hogan nails Bossman with the chain a couple of times. Bossman is busted open big time now. Hogan tosses Bossman into the side of the cage numerous times. Hogan leg drops Bossman and looks to leave the cage. Slick has knocked the referee out and he enters the ring to stop Hogan. Hogan kicks Slick away with his foot. Hogan crotches Bossman on the top rope and has the handcuffs. Slick is knocked out by them. Hogan handcuffs Bossman to the cage and climbs over the top to the floor to win the match. Bossman tried to escape the cage with Slick trying to unlock the handcuffs but failed. After the match, Hogan nails Bossman with the ring bell on the floor. Slick is trapped in the ring and Hogan has the nightstick. Slick is pulled down from the top rope by Hogan. Hogan sends Slick into the cage but is pulled out by Bossman. (***. A good main event to close the show this time around. Bossman is one of the more underrated heels and his matches with Hogan seemed to have some kind of entertainment value to them.)
No need to see this show as there were only two matches that were any good. Considering those two matches happened several times on the house show market, there isnít any real need to check this one out. So, this gets a thumbs down from me.